As of March 16, 2020, BloomMed is still awaiting its ordered allottment of coronavirus screening test kits. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update this page as soon as tests are available for screening at our office.
Current inforamtion regarding Commercial COVID-19 screening tests:
- The tests will be performed on patients with active symptoms who meet criteria set by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC), local and state health departments.
- Commercial COVID-19 screening tests take 3-4 days to process and send results back to the provider (longer depending on testing demand).
- Any person tested will be contacted by the local health department with next steps depending on their clinical presentation.
- We have been assured by Quest Diagnostics this test is currently covered by insurance and also will be available through client billing for those that do not have insurance.
- Lab draw stations are not currently performing COVID-19 screening tests. These tests must be performed in a medical clinic with the approved test kits.
Again thank you for your patience and we will keep you updated as soon as more information is received.